July - August 2021
Open water anywhere
Take part in our open water swimming challenge in July and August!
Following the success of last year’s open water swim challenge, we are issuing the challenge again this year.
You’re invited to swim at any open water of your choice, anywhere in the world, on behalf of the Linda Norgrove Foundation. Swim for either 1k, 3k, 5k or 10k.
For a registration fee of £15, we will send you a unique Hebridean badge with your completed distance on it which you can sew onto your dry robe, costume, swim towel, hat, shorts, etc.
The money raised from the registration fee will go to supporting women and children in Afghanistan.
How to take part
- Register using the form below and pay the registration fee of £15 per swimmer.
- After you have completed your swim, send us details of your swim, including location, date and distance.
1. This is an open water challenge so can be completed in any sea, loch, pond, river that you are familiar and comfortable with.
2. Please be aware that all swimmers are responsible for their own safety.
3. It is advisable to swim with someone else with you, either in the water, in a kayak, boat, or on the shore.
4. Swim within your limits. Take account of distance, temperature, water conditions such as waves and currents.
5. Pick a decent day. This event is open for two months to allow for good weather windows.
6. Follow local local Covid-19 regulations, including social distancing.
7. Use a tow float and a bright coloured swim cap for visibility.
8. Open to swimmers over 16 years of age.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org