Open water anywhere
Take part in our open water swimming challenge for September!
One of our trustees, Elspeth Murphy, is a keen swimmer and will be taking part on the Isle of Lewis. You’re invited to ‘join’ us at any open water of your choice, anywhere in the world, swimming either 1k, 3k, 5k or 10k.
It’s up to you what day in September you swim, as this will depend on your local weather conditions.
For a registration fee of £15, we will send you a unique Hebridean badge with your completed distance on it (see right) which you can sew onto your dry robe, costume, swim towel, hat, shorts, etc. The badges have been kindly donated by Immerse Hebrides.
Every penny of the registration fee will go to supporting women and children in Afghanistan
How to take part
- Register using the form below, paying the registration fee of £15 per person.
- You will receive an email that includes details of how to send us confirmation of your completed swim and your distance.
- We love to include photos from events in our newsletter and on our social media channels – if you’re happy to be included, please send any photos from your swim!
- This is an open water challenge so can be completed in any sea, loch, pond, river that you are familiar and comfortable with.
- Please be aware that all swimmers are responsible for their own safety.
- Please make sure someone else is with you, either in the water, in a kayak or boat, or on the shore.
- Swim within your limits. Take account of distance, temperature, and water conditions such as waves and currents.
- Swim parallel to the shore, not out to sea.
- Pick a decent day. This event is open for the whole month of September to allow for good weather windows.
- Stick to local Covid-19 regulations, including social distancing.
- Use a tow float and a bright coloured swim cap for visibility.
- Open to swimmers over 16 years of age.